The past three seasons have been filled with much uncertainty and challenges, but one thing remains constant: the Faithfulness and Love of God. We have grown much through making camp smaller, we have learned much by focusing on individuals, and we have widened the camp to help churches and families strengthen relationships with Christ.
As we head into our 60th year of ministry at Pines, we can look back at many events that shaped who we are. Moving from a couple of weeks of camp specifically for boys or for girls, to 8 weeks of co-ed camps, day camps, and out-trip camps. Growing leaders and staff who have since moved into roles in ministry leadership. Operating as a summer-only ministry to serving our churches and communities year-round. There are also the challenges that shaped us – the windstorm of 2012, the floods of 2018, and the leadership changes. Again, through all of these memories, God’s faithfulness is what has carried Pines as His ministry through these past 60 years and will carry us into the future.
This year, as always, we are counting on God’s faithfulness, demonstrated through His people to meet the needs of Pines Bible Camp. It is God’s ministry in the midst of his mission field. We are but colabourers in the work He has started and will finish through Jesus Christ.
Consider supporting the ministry of Pines as we make disciples of children, youth, and families.
Our goal for our 60th year is to increase our monthly donors by 60! If you can afford, $10, $20, or more to support us each month, that contribution will go a long way to help reach children, youth, and families with the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Together we can make such a big difference!
The ministry of Pines Bible Camp relies on support from individuals and communities in order to operate. The greatest support we can receive is through your prayers, upholding the Pines leadership, staff, volunteers, and campers. Pray that we will remain faithful to the calling God has for us and for the ministry; pray for health, safety, strength, and perseverance through the very busy summer months; and pray that the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be presented clearly and without compromise.
We also rely on financial supports to maintain the operations of the ministry year-round. Camper fees are intentionally set affordably so that every child has an opportunity to attend and is not restricted by finances. The actual cost for a camper for a week of camp is 2-3 times more than the set registration fee. Financial donations and revenue from our guest groups helps keep these fees affordable. Some practical areas to give towards are:
- Camper Sponsorship (Campership Fund) – many parents contact us for full or partial sponsorship for camper fees. We typically provide about $7000 in camperships each summer in partnership with private donors and community agencies.
- General Operations – non-designated donations are put towards the general operational expenses of the ministry. Our income period for the year generally falls between March and October; however, expenses such as maintenance, monthly bills, salaries, and insurance are carried over the course of the full year.
- Capital or Designated Fund – if you prefer to give towards a specific project or area of camp these funds will be held and distributed accordingly. We do not have any capital projects planned so here are some areas where you can designate funds:
- Program Activities (archery, ropes courses, bazooka ball/paintball, kayaking, etc.)
- Kitchen Supplies (small/medium appliances, utensils/gadgets, aprons, oven mitts, etc.)
- Maintenance (vehicles & equipment, buildings, grounds, etc.)
If you wish to make a financial donation to help support Pines Bible Camp you can do so by clicking here.
If you would like to set up regular giving through a Pre-Authorized Debit plan, you can download and fill out the PAD agreement form and return it via email to bookkeeper@pinesbiblecamp or by mail to 10005 North Fork Road Grand Forks, BC V0H 1H8.
We also now have monthly credit card giving options available. Download the form and return it via email or mail.
Thank you for your consideration and generosity!